How to Access Network
To access InterWest's PPO network, payors need to sign a Health Care Network Access Agreement. Payors are welcome to use their own contract form if they prefer, as long as the language of the contract is consistent with the manner in which InterWest does business and the arrangements the company has with providers participating in the network.
InterWest charges payors a nominal access fee for use of its PPO network. The access fee can be structured as either a per employee per month (PEPM) rate or a percent of savings. Additional fees are charged for repricing.
Payors who utilize the InterWest network are expected to:
Use the network to support PPO benefit plans with patient steerage
- Put the InterWest logo on ID cards, along with a toll free number participating providers can call for eligibility and benefit information
- Make reference to InterWest on Explanations of Benefits (EOBs) as the PPO network used to reprice claims
- Designate an individual whom InterWest can contact for assistance in resolving EOB and other issues
Benefits of Using InterWest
InterWest is specifically designed to meet the needs of payors wanting access to a quality, cost-effective network of participating providers to support their health benefit plans. Benefits of using the InterWest PPO network include:
Largest, most comprehensive PPO network in the region with competitive pricing
- Fast, convenient access under one contract signature
- Easy implementation and new group enrollment
- Friendly, responsive service
- Direct access to local PPO network